Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jes-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Nope. Sure doesn't. YES only has one board with an asymmetric side-cut... The Asym (or previous years called The Greats).

I have about 50 days on The Big City. It is NOT on the park side of all mountain. Not even close. It has a directional flex, a healthy setback and "freeride camrock" meaning there is more rocker in the nose than in the tail. It is soft in compairison to the classic stiff freeride boards, but the flex of it and the 2013 PYL(white with wolf/human) are quite similar.

The concept and progression was that in 2012, the PYL(mountain/green graphic) was a stiff freeride board and the Big City had the same geometry, but with a slightly softer flex and no taper. In 2013, they merged the two profiles giving the PYL a softer flex profile close to that of the Big City, but keeping the taper, setback and mellowmagne of the old PYL.

If we were talking "out of 10" flex, the big city is around a 6-6.5, but torsionally it's softer. Payto is right, its not quite as stiff as the PYL, but is still a real charger. I ride that board on everything but the knee deep days and it is fantastic. For the price they are on the clymb right now, I would not hesitate to pick one up at all.
Right on!!! Thanks for this. Next Friday I'm going to place the order on the big city.

Say I do have a nice powder day during my week, will the big city hold? I always have my board set back. I'm more of a directional guy.
Jes-Z is offline   Reply With Quote