Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
tonicusa
Veteran Member

quote "YES only has one board with an asymmetric side-cut... The Asym (or previous years called The Greats)."

This isn't quite accurate. The Trouble has it. And I suspect there is something here with this Big City.

My Yes Big City definitely has something going on with the sidecut on the heel edge. I have ridden asymmetrical boards before and this definitely feels like one. It's ridiculous how responsive the heelside cut is. I know they have asymm on some of their boards that they don't tout much like the Trouble etc. Either way the heelside on this thing is great, I've been riding for 20 years and I don't need a website to tell me about a sidecut.

I find the board a little soft and it's nowhere near as stiff or hard charging as any of my cambered boards (Anthem, Aftermath, Agent) but it still rips in a very responsive and fun way. It floats better on fresh and the setback is less annoying than in a traditional cambered board say like a Burton Super model etc.

I love this thing. I just wish it had a stiffer tail for booters and the park. This thing is easy to ride in the park, I'm on a 156. Especially if you are used to hitting the jump line on directional twins with some setback. It's pretty easy to land switch on this thing especially because it's such a forgiving ride. My Rome Agent is stiffer poppier and with full camber you have to be a lot more careful landing spins even with a 2 degree base bevel.

Banjo's rating of the flex sounds dead on to me. I'm interested in picking up The Greats for more of a booter/pipe board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big City.jpg (33.4 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by tonicusa; 12-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote