Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banjo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
This isn't quite accurate. The Trouble has it. And I suspect there is something here with this Big City.

My Yes Big City definitely has something going on with the sidecut on the heel edge.

Either way the heelside on this thing is great, I've been riding for 20 years and I don't need a website to tell me about a sidecut.
Apparently you do, because both the Big City and Trouble do not have an asymmetrical sidecut. Trace it out on a piece of paper or something if you truly dont believe the factory specs that clearly state one sidecut radius. The trouble has the "disrupted sidecut" (mellow magne) but the same on both sides.

In addition, what if you rode the other way(goofy vs regular)...they would have to tell you which side was which or it would defeat the purpose. Furthermore, to have a board with setback and an asym-sidecut makes no sense as it would need to come in "Goofy" or "Regular", so please check your 20 year ego and not give people false information.

Anyhow, to Jes-Z about pow days: if you have it set back, you wont have any issues at all, I came from full camber before I went with this, and my first 3 days were in 2+ ft of snow. night and day compared to camber, float was/is amazing and to this day ill only bust out my pow board for those days when its truly bottomless.....shame they arent that often!
What makes the BC so good is how good it is everywhere...from a pow line straight onto a groomed trail/cattrack to the crappiest chopped out garbage moguls.

Edit: fyi i am 5'9 190lbs and on a 158. spend alot of time in the trees, and am glad i didnt go bigger.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote