Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jay DEC 14th -15th
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
9won4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigle View Post
Went to Jay this weekend.

Extremely cold on Saturday. A bit of ice here and there closer to the top of the hill. Most of the hill had decent cover still a bit low in the trees.

On Sunday temps were much better, and they got hit with 15-20cm. Ropes were dropping all day and much of the glades were up for the taking.
I rode timbuktu glades and had a blast since they are furthest from the main lodge and almost nobody rode that part of the mountain.

Closer to the main hill and peak the wind was still blowing and ice was getting pretty bad, so we stayed lower on the mountain and in the trees.

Should be another good year at jay.

I even got busted chilling in the trees on what was apparently a closed run and after giving us a speech ski patrol told us to go down to the chairlift and stay in bounds.... ended up riding untracked pow the whole way down and was one of the best runs of the day.

To top it all off I bought a demo Burton Aftermath in almost new condition for 200$ at the end of the day.

I love riding pow!
They busted your balls about being on a closed run at JAY??? Jay always has a very liberal "if you can see it you can ski it policy." We hiked all the way up to the face chutes (mutliple times) a couple weeks back when the Tram side of the mountain was closed, patrol was stoked! (and coverage was FAR from ideal)
9won4 is offline   Reply With Quote