Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Artificial Cartilage Foam Insoles
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
mikeinaus

I bought a set of the "game changer" insoles from them almost a year ago. At the time they had a promotion for a free pair of the kingfoam flat insoles as well. The game changer ones I have came with a needle that youd use to inject water into the insole, which made them puff up and then mold to your foot when they hardened (about 15min). The new model appears to be heat activated instead of water so I dunno if theyd be comparable.

Long story short I ended up starting a new job and never got a chance to buy some new boots and actually get on the hill. That being said I've recent bought a pair of boots and have finally molded the insoles. I've still yet to get up the hill but from test fitting them around my house they are extremely comfortable. My entire foot is supported and they do feel like theyd absorb quite a bit of shock.

As for the flat kingfoam ones. I normally wear my street shoes and work boots big 10-10.5 and the size 9's I got for my snowboard boots dont even come close to fitting in my shoes.

I don't really have any real world experience with them yet but what I can tell you is that I do buy into the hype. The foam these use is 100% different then any insole I've ever felt and it does feel like it would absorb impact rather then reflect it unlike your typical gel padding...

They also have a satisfaction guarantee. So far I like them better then the sole and superfeet insoles ive owned.
mikeinaus is offline   Reply With Quote