Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2013 NS Cobra, Raptor, Heritage, Premier F1 & Proto
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
DJROCHE

Default Cobra vs Heritage for my next

Looks like I am going after an old thread here so I probably won't get a response in time but here goes. I have been riding my 155 k2 astar for about 11 years now and needless to say am due for a new board. I live in the midwest but i make an annual pilgrimage to utah, colorado, or big sky once or twice a year. I am only buying ONE board.

I want a board that can ride extremely fast on groomers, will be able to float in powder when I am lucky enough to get a good powder trip, can maneuver tree runs and backcountry, and can hit the occasional table top and kicker. I never really hit rails or boxes so factor that in.

Right now I am leaning toward the 158 heritage based on these criteria but my big question I guess is how much control do i lose with the cobra compared to the heritage vs how much play do i lose with the heritage vs the cobra. If the heritage is completely worthless at doing 180s off natural features or tables then maybe the cobra is preferrable but if the cobra is going to get squirrley at high speeds than maybe the heritage. Which of the two boards is more versatile as far as accomplishing its weaknesses if that makes sense. I have a feeling i will be happy with either board since my current board is super old but I want to do as much research as possible before spending the dough.

I am 5'10", 190 lbs, size 9.5 boot.
DJROCHE is offline   Reply With Quote