Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2013 NS Cobra, Raptor, Heritage, Premier F1 & Proto
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
kaborkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJROCHE View Post
Do you know which board is better for float? They both have the rocker camber so I think they're probably close, and I think both are setback a little and both directional twin... Is flex or stiff preferable in the powder?

My old k2 is REAL stiff and I like that responsiveness so I guess I'm a little nervous going flex without any background however it seems for tree ridden trails that a little flex gives you a little more whip in tight quarters (is that true or are there benefits to stiffness in the trees?)

Dude it's an impossible decision! I want both... And I don't want to demo which would really be the answer but then once you try both that's an extra hundo on your cost. I feel like I am choosing my future right here right now
Can't tell you which is better in pow, but I can tell you that the cobra is peachy for what I would call resort pow. If your going back country, I would pick a different board I think, though some do use cobra there too. In 2 feet or more of powder, I haven't had any issues at all with the cobra staying on top. A very slight shift to rear and it floats well.

Also think your better off int he trees with the cobra. Softer overall and spade shape tail make it turn quicker. Can't see any advantage to having a stiff board in trees...
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote