Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help choosing new board...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lightningsloth

Default Help choosing new board...

First I'd like to say thanks to anyone who helps me decide what new board to purchase.

I'm using points I get from work to purchase a new snowboard, however I don't have access to all snowboards for purchase but the supplier is big, so many recommendations I'll be able to order.

That said. I'm 6'3", size 13 boot, ride a 12/-12 stance (don't know how wide but it's normally in the middle), and my weight can vary from 215-230 lbs.

I love camber snowboards, and didn't like the 2010 NS Legacy RC tech at all I owned (felt sketchy at times while bombing), and I didn't like the 2011 Ride Machete either (bombing felt fine, but I didn't like the lack of pop out of turns). Prior to that rode a Lamar KJ Lite 162, which I still use as my "rock" board.

Most of my riding will be on hard pack to ice on Southern California groomers, and I'm an intermediate rider, I like to ride fast. I am a beginner when it comes to jumping, spinning, and sliding. I'd like to work on riding switch this year, and 180's.

I tried to get a 2014 Capita NAS 163, but they only had a 160 wide. (maybe I should have just got this one?)

I'm looking for something in a 162-163, with a waist width of 260+. I'm not against trying a hybrid camber/rocker again, but I definitely want something that rides mostly like camber (good edge hold, stable, pop, can bomb, not loose).

I'm looking at a Burton Custom 162 wide (camber), Rossignol Templar Magtek 162 wide, Libtech Darker Series or GNU Riders Choice.

Any other suggestions, or input regarding the above boards?

Thanks.

Last edited by Lightningsloth; 12-20-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added some choices of boards
Lightningsloth is offline   Reply With Quote