Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What boards are good for glades
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
1stTrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocuo19 View Post
Im looking for a board that will help keep me afloat in the pow and is best for riding through trees. Any suggestions on specific boards or types of boards?

I've owned a Burton Malolo for three seasons and take it out when it snows 6+ inches. IMO, it's outstanding in the powder. I weigh 170 and purchased a 158, perhaps a little short for my weight, but the shorter board turns quickly between tight trees/steeps, yet still floats me in the powder.
The Malolo(and me)are also at home just plain ripping a big steep powder line through an open bowl, although a longer board would be better for this kind of riding. It also rides the groomers very well, but that's not where I like to ride it. One bad thing about the Malolo, it doesn't handle the crud very well, but then it's not designed for that..

The main deal with the Malolo is the narrow tail and set back binding mounts designed to keep the tip from diving into the snow. Similarly designed "powder specific" boards are also offered by most other manufacturers.

Good Riding
1stTrack is offline   Reply With Quote