Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flexy vs stiff
Thread: Flexy vs stiff
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
OhioHillBoarder

Default Flexy vs stiff

I just want to say thanks to all you guys...I've learned so much in this past week or so reading these forums I can't wait to get back out on the snow tomorrow. Anyway I had a couple questions. I just got a new setup (burton deuce 159 and burton cartels). I was using rentals before then so its a huge step up. I've been working on my riding mostly but have just gotten into rails (did my first rail ever last week 5050 on a kinked rail). I didn't know much about snowboarding when I got my board really so I'm wondering how the deuce is for things like freestyle/jibbing. I'm a bit affraid of trying boardslides for fear of the edge catch. I guess I have the option of detuning the edges or just buying a park board next season. I don't really know what kind of effect that would have on my normal riding (mostly groomers) if I did that though.
I also don't really know where it stands as far as flexibility (compared to park specific boards) which brings me to my main question...what differences do you get between a stiff board and a super flexible board?
OhioHillBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote