Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Grade my setup for someone new
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
DODGE SRT-4

Default Grade my setup for someone new

Hey, fellas! After many years I am hitting the slopes again after an almost 10 year hiatus Went to a local Ski Resort about 20 mins from my new town I moved to and snowboarded w/ my buddies. I had past riding experience during my early teens but gave up my hobby and moved on. Well I hit the slopes again and was instantly hooked again! Needless to say we left at 9:30 pm and by noon the next day I bought myself a board from good ole' CL. I am 6'2 and 170 lbs, and I got a SIMS Wrath 155cm, which may be too small? Not sure. After looking up SIMS boards it appears they have gone downhill since I rode back in the day when SIMS was a very reputable brand in the late 90's and early 00's. I couldn't wait and I hit the slopes with my new board, it almost felt like I didn't have great control over my board but like I said I only had a few hours w/ it. I left the resort a little disappointed and I adjusted the bindings and spread them out. The kid I bought it from couldn't be any taller than 5'10 and I rode his setup. I went home and moved the bindings to about 22in apart and it has me in more of an athletic position with my knees bent more, and I also moved the bindings to 18 degrees front and 15 in the back with the bindings in a "duck position". Do you think that these settings will help me have better control of my board? Or is SIMS just a POS and I need to get another board? My biggest issues was carving, it seemed like Id slice too much and almost eat it. Im hoping my bindings will have a huge difference next time I hit the slopes which will be next week. Thanks and sorry for the newbish rant I assume the only way to truly find out is to ride again but any advice setting up will be appreciated.
DODGE SRT-4 is offline   Reply With Quote