Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

ANOTHER Electric Question

823 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  markee 
#1 ·
Just wondering if someone could shed some light on the fact that the EG2 lenses come in orange, rose, yellow, orange chrome, rose chrome, yellow chrome, orange/gold chrome, Orange/blue chrome, orange/green chrome, orange/pink chrome, orange/red chrome...I mean a ton and when you go to Electric's site and look at the lens breakdown, maybe I'm not understanding something but it looks like every color has pretty much every logo for cloudy, sunny etc....can someone PLEASE shed some light on this....

They really need to make it clear like the Oakley breakdown. THANKS!

#4 ·
i may be wrong, but i've read that the first part (orange, rose, yellow) is the part that matters the most. the last part is for aesthetics, how you want the outside to look like. orange i hear is good for sunny days & all-around. rose is good for overcast and low light. yellow is good for night and flat light where it's hard to see the contours of the snow.

there's 2-3 links that had descriptions for each-along with the % of light that the lens blocks. i could post that later if i can dig it up again.

everyone, please feel free to correct any of those things that i got wrong...

#6 ·
Electric has basically the same lens for everything, hence the same logos. They are almost all orange (persimmon) lenses. The mirror color is next to irrelevant.

All the Orange "Chrome" lenses would be best for brighter days
Rose and Orange (no mirror) are all-around lenses.
Yellow and Clear for night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.