Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1st Try Carving. Not terrible, but....
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
I had a similar problem when demoing a bpro...the tail would not release quite right...so I schooched the rear binding just a tad aft and it fixed it. Otherwise I'd say just get on the nose a tad quicker
That is the perfect description of the issue,.. It didn't feel like the tail edge "released" right! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
with my c2btx carving is more sloppy and I got to really move fast and get in the front seat verses my cambered twin.
I didn't think about this possibility until after posting and re-reading it. I suppose the rocker between the inserts causes a bit of a wobble during the transition? Maybe keeping/letting that rear edge stay or re-engage contact when flattening out, especially if my weight distribution isn't spot on perfect?

It did feel a bit like it released and then briefly re-engaged before I was fully committed to the nose & heel side edge of the turn transition . That's why it felt so sketchy to me. It surprised me and I panicked a little! Thought I was gonna go down hard! LOL!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote