Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Revolver-R review
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
BigC_ 13

Default Never Summer Revolver-R review

Alright I got this board a couple weeks ago and I just got back from a 5 day trip of riding this baby so I thought I would give a quick review.

Board: 09 Never Summer Revolver-R 161
Bindings: 08 Burton Cartels
Boots: Size 15 Burton Moto
Stance: +15/-15
Rider: 6'5'' 240 pounds.

Conditions, everything from icy and choppy to a day of fresh powder.

Overall synopsis: So this is love.

First day riding this board it was foggy as hell with shitty crusty snow. Spent the day in the park because the runs were all shitty.
Park review: This board kills it in the park, I'm in no ways a great park rider but I was stomping tricks I haven't been able to hit before (nailed my first FS 3). This board presses like a dream and has a healthy amount of pop. I dare say this board made me look like a way better rider then I actually am when it comes to park riding.

Days two three and four the weather cleared up and I took the board all over the mountain. Bombed groomers in this thing and it handled it beautifully. It gets a little chattery at high speeds but way less then I expected. The vario sidecut seems to handle anything I can throw at it, from icy patches to choppy crap.

Day Five was heaven. A foot of fresh pow overnight with constant snowfall during the day so it only got better. I took this thing down every untracked run I could. This thing floated through the powder like a dream. Took this through the trees and it handled the tight space great.

Overall: I cannot say enough great things enough this board, the sintered base is fast, I cruised over traverses I used to get stuck on with my old board. This board is a dream to ride in everything I could throw at it. The only thing it isn't strong on is solely bombing straight down runs as it does get a bit chattery.

Final thoughts: Buy it you won't be disappointed

Last edited by BigC_ 13; 03-01-2009 at 11:31 PM.
BigC_ 13 is offline   Reply With Quote