Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings for Skunk Ape
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dramis

Default Bindings for Skunk Ape

Hi

I just bought a 169 Skunk Ape and I am looking for new bindings too. Maybe I can get some good advice here.
I weight about 220 lbs, wear Flow The One boots size 11.
I would consider myself as an experienced rider and my riding style as active, aggressive and technical. I will mostly ride slopes and any natural terrain aside with jumps and steep sections. Powder if possible. I hit some jumps in the park only while passing by, no rails or so. I like to go fast, carve as clean as it gets with such setup and then jump off the slopes if the terrain looks nice.
The ideal binding would be stiff enough for my weight, for fast carving icy slopes and secure feeling on steep terrain (have to keep up with skiing friends) and give enough flex for playing alongside the slopes, using natural obstacles (no butters, just jumping and smaller spins).
So far I have two favourites:

Rome Targa
From my research the Targas would meet my needs due to the customisation but I do not know if they are stiff enough or even too stiff. My knees will like the 3.5 canting.

Flow NX2 AT
My dealer told me that the Flows fit the flex of the Skunk Ape perfectly but I am not sure about the bindings. I like Flow binding but would like to go back to the classic ratchet and entry system.
Does someone has experience with these bindings and a similar board or would consider something else?

Thanks in advance!
Dramis is offline   Reply With Quote