Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Newbie looking to upgrade from rental gear
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
PorkCereal

Default Newbie looking to upgrade from rental gear

Greetings, im a florida transplant now living in New England in the last 3 years. Ive taken up a little boarding and enjoying it. The rental gear you get seems hit or miss so i was looking into trying to get some entry level gear that more talored for me. I might only be in this area for another season or 2 so i didnt want to drop big money, but i have a 3 or 4 day trip planned so i wanted to try and get some gear.

Looking for an inexpensive board setup new or used and unsure of some of the very cheap combos you can find online.
Im around 5'7 175-185 and around a 9 boot. Different sites say 153-155 on the board, but where im heavier im unsure. Will be mainly on groomed trails in the north east, im not confident enough to do anything in the wild. No terrain parks, i just want a slower board that i can turn easy and get the basics down.

Any help is appreciated on type or style board or manufacturers to definatly avoid.
PorkCereal is offline   Reply With Quote