Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

G
#582 ·
Hey. I made a thread, but what the heck, I'll post in here too. Im super excited for this season. Im new to snowboarding and will take any tips and advice I can get. I board in Utah. I love meeting new people.

G
#583 ·
Hello All. My name is Nicole and Im from Maryland. Been boarding for about 5 years or so now. Just getting pumped up for this season. Was searching around and found this site. Hope everyone else is ready for some snow.

G
#584 ·
Bonjour everyone. I am John, I live in minnesota (barely any hills) And I just recently wanted to start snowboarding. My brother has been for a year or 2 now and I decided to start because I dont really have anything else going on in the winter!

I raced motocross for 4 years hence the name. I couldnt think of a better name so I used my email. Well Glad to meet everyone and have you all help me pick out a nice beginner set up!

#585 ·
moin everybody. my name is brandon. im from michigan but living in germany right now. i cant wait to get back to the states for the winter season and find some chowder out west or up in canada. i just ordered a new banana 2day!!! next up, some force bindings.

this is a great forum and ive already read lots of thought provoking insight from the real users out there, which is very helpful. its easy to get dried out from marketing shenanigans.

keep it real

ps. maybe all this global climate could be a blessing in disguise. atleast there would be no more high tourist season rates for resorts right??? never summerrrrrrr

G
#591 ·
Hello. I am Jairet of the sierra nevadas. i am currently going to school at sacramento state university, but frequent to the tahoe mt's in winter. Between fall and spring semester I like to go on a trip out of state to shred something new, so I thought signing up would help me establish better insight to where the next adventure will take me and whoever i can get in the sube to come with. peace and goodness. JC

G
#593 ·
I need complete snowboarding information & requirements. I am also thinking about taking admission in a snowboarding academy. My friends Junio Solihull, Mickey Everio & Christine Freville have the best skills & tactics of this thrill 7 won hot prizes on 18th October 1998. Helpful information will be welcomed.

G
#595 ·
Wats up, new to the forum and kinda new to boarding. I am from Troy N.C originally but been in the USCG for 4 yrs and plan to stay. In elizabeth city N.C. now and cnt wait for sme more snow. I went boarding couple times last yr with rental equipment and loved it. So I guess I went over the top and bought the new 2010 skate banana and the 2009 Ride Contraband binding. Cant wait to use them. Think I went a lil ovr the top?

G
#596 ·
Hi all.
This is my third season trying to snowboard.
Last year I finally got the hang of getting off the lift without face planting.
What can I say, I'm a slow learner...
Anyways, I'll be enjoying WP, Copper and Steamboat Springs here in Co this year with my season pass.
I'm still on my crappy Morrow starter board, but am not looking to upgrade until I feel I have a good idea of what I really want out of my next one. This year I'll hit the mountain with my Salomon Optima Thermic Snowboard Boots and Relay Ring bindings I purchased toward the end of last season.
See ya around the boards!
>Cass<

G
#599 ·
Hi all.
This is my third season trying to snowboard.
Last year I finally got the hang of getting off the lift without face planting.
What can I say, I'm a slow learner...
I don't know if you're that slow Cass... It took me three half-day lessons, and 2 or 3 days on my own to finally (sorta) get it. I just sorta got the hang late last season. But like you, at least I could get off the lift, and made it down green and blues by the end of the day (albeit doing nothin' fancy).

But I am VERY excited about getting better this season! See you out there!!

G
#598 ·
Hi, an "old guy" snowboarder here from Colo Springs CO!

Hi, I'm Eric... 46 years old, FINALLY sort of "got" snowboarding last year, after about 5 failed attempts previously. Just picked up my new gear a week or so ago (I'll post details in a new thread). Cannot WAIT for the season to start this year! Bought a season pass to Ski Cooper, a little-known small resort near Leadville, CO. Man I am seriously stoked! :D Hope to see some of ya'll out there! :)