Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts? NS SL vs Lib TRS vs Lib T Rice
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
aminewyork

Default Thoughts? NS SL vs Lib TRS vs Lib T Rice

Hi all,

I'm getting back on the board again after a 10 year break. I live in CT so will be mostly riding Stowe and other north east resorts.

I also have business in Utah that will take me out there every year so I'll be making a few trips west as well.

I'm 5' 9" - 190 lbs and I'd say my skills were intermediate to really good when I last rode back in 2002.

I want to get the best all around board, ideally within a day or two as I've decided to go to Stowe this weekend. I've been researching this forum and talking to my local shops and it looks like the NS SL & Lib tech TRS are the best options (and both available to me right away).

I was also told to look at Lib tech T Rice pro, but someone said it'll be much stiffer than the SL & TRS and that I'd have to "do more work" pushing the T Rice around when not at speed.

My shop has a '13 NS SL for $300, which seems like a good value. Ideally, I'd get the '14 TRS but I can't stand the graphics (subjective, I know). I'd get the T Rice pro but how would that compare to the NS SL and TRS on mostly east coast resorts.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
aminewyork is offline   Reply With Quote