Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts? NS SL vs Lib TRS vs Lib T Rice
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
kaborkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminewyork View Post
Hi all,

I'm getting back on the board again after a 10 year break. I live in CT so will be mostly riding Stowe and other north east resorts.

I also have business in Utah that will take me out there every year so I'll be making a few trips west as well.

I'm 5' 9" - 190 lbs and I'd say my skills were intermediate to really good when I last rode back in 2002.

I want to get the best all around board, ideally within a day or two as I've decided to go to Stowe this weekend. I've been researching this forum and talking to my local shops and it looks like the NS SL & Lib tech TRS are the best options (and both available to me right away).

I was also told to look at Lib tech T Rice pro, but someone said it'll be much stiffer than the SL & TRS and that I'd have to "do more work" pushing the T Rice around when not at speed.

My shop has a '13 NS SL for $300, which seems like a good value. Ideally, I'd get the '14 TRS but I can't stand the graphics (subjective, I know). I'd get the T Rice pro but how would that compare to the NS SL and TRS on mostly east coast resorts.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
TRS is a true twin, SL has some setback.

Do you ride a lot of switch? Is switch handling the same as regular important to you?

Both are excellent boards. If you don't spend half of your time switch, get the SL. You want a 158 or 161
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote