Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rear Quad Pain
Thread: Rear Quad Pain
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
DaryleTN

Wow.. Thank for the response already..

I'm a moron and have actually been suffering this whole time.. I chalked it up to being out of shape (for boarding) , inexperience, etc.. but now 3yrs in I'm thinking something else is going on. Like I said with my location 3yrs of boarding has averaged out to like 12 trips..

I'm supposed to go on my 2nd trip of year tomorrow and will get a buddy to video tape me..

I was going to start out tomorrow with my bindings at +6/-6 or +9/-9.. Does this sound like a good place to start?

One issue I keep having and this could be a lot of the problem is I have a bad habit of using my back leg as a "rudder" to stear and not my front. I can't seem to break this habit no matter how hard I try.

I don't know if this matter or not.. but I started out on a used Morrow board that was normal camber.. Mid last year I bought (at the advise of the guy at the local ski center) my 1st new board which is a Burton Blunt V-Rocker.. He said all the normal stuff "great board, easy to ride" etc... but upon switching to this board my leg issue seemed to get worse. Make any sense ???

Thanks again for the help!!!
DaryleTN is offline   Reply With Quote