Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Union Force Bindings

8K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  socal2009 
#1 ·
Maybe cuz I'm in NY and buzzing from the snow we're getting, but I just checked Sierra and see that they're Union Snowboard Bindings Union Force Snowboard Bindings are $99 now (from $119). I just got a GNU CHB MTX there and was looking at these... quick question for those with experience: I've got size 10 Vans Encores, should I go with the M/L or size up to L/XL?

Union Snowboard Bindings Union Force Snowboard Bindings

#28 ·
I would go with M/L. You are right on the border and it's better to go down in size. They will fit. I had the Contacts in a L/XL with size 10 Vans Fargos and I returned them because I couldn't get them tight enough.
10 = M/L or L/XL
I am confused after all your well meant advice.
I'm seriously considering Force (SL) bindings.
I wear K2 T1 (not DB) US10 boots,.... which size Force's will be the best fit for me?

G
#4 ·
I would go with M/L. You are right on the border and it's better to go down in size. They will fit. I had the Contacts in a L/XL with size 10 Vans Fargos and I returned them because I couldn't get them tight enough.

#17 · (Edited)
yup i finally got it mounted and adjusted everything.

jus a bit confused on the cap strap...
it seem a little wierd the way the default strap fits over the toe.
so i had to adjust the strap angle at the screws to make it over the toe more naturally...is this correct?
anyone wanna share how they fit their toe cap strap over the boot?

Here is a picture of what i meant by adjusting the angle of the toe cap at the screw instead of keeping it straight like default.

________
CLASSACTION SETTLEMENTS

#18 ·
yup i finally got it mounted and adjusted everything.

jus a bit confused on the cap strap...
it seem a little wierd the way the default strap fits over the toe.
so i had to adjust the strap angle at the screws to make it over the toe more naturally...is this correct?
anyone wanna share how they fit their toe cap strap over the boot?

Here is a picture of what i meant by adjusting the angle of the toe cap at the screw instead of keeping it straight like default.
There is a thread here or on Sierra that shows a picture of how the toe cap should fit...the padded part should go over the top while the plastic strip can be placed at the front of the foot. Placing the entire toe cap at the front edge of the boot is incorrect. I'll see if I can find the thread.

#25 · (Edited)
i fit my 9.5 32 lashed on the force nicely with the heel cup all the way out at 2 and the gas padel extended to the max. Im sure a 10 will fit nicely too.

from wat i see the l/xl is a lot bigger then the m/l...
the m/l fits my 154 custom jus nice...glad i didnt go with l/xl or i might have the bindings sticking out the sides

cant wait to test it out this weekend :laugh:
________
Problems from prilosec

#29 · (Edited)
my force's toe ratchet broke after the first run down the mountain on my first day in loveland, co...
the ratchet would not release....

not cool...
i took it to the repair shop in loveland, the guy manage to do a quick fix which allows me to unstrap by using my board tool to lift a piece of the ratchet of the strap.
thank god i brought along my old burton binding and was able to swap out the toe cap and put it on the force...phewww

or else ill probably just jump down from lift 9 on my way up to the ridge.

contacted the house for replacement but they do not have the same size, color...so they offered a refund if i send the bindings back...

called union and they agreed to send me a new ratchet before i even blink....

conclusion...

-very suprised and kinda disappointed with the force as i was under the impression its suppose to be a strong and durable binding.

-union have excellent customer service
________
SexyxPregnant live

#31 ·
Hmm wow lots of people posting about bindings lately, especially the Forces.

Anyway...

I have a pair of '09 Judges in size 9. The front of the boot fits the toe strap perfectly. I didn't have to do any tweaking or adjusting. Just put the pad over the top of the toes and keep the plastic strap in front of the toes, tighten it up and you're set.

I just ordered a pair for my 09 DC Judges size 11. I hope I have no problems with the toe strap. I let you guys know how it turns out. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of my setup.

G
#32 ·
Fits perfectly!!!

This is a follow up from an earlier post...

My union forces just came in last week and they fit perfectly with my size 11 DC judges. I had to tinker with my set up but after about 30 minutes my boots ended up fitting like a glove. I had no problem adjusting the toe cap so that it would fit as a toe cap rather than an over the boot strap. Here are some pictures so that you can see what adjustments I made to make the boot fit. I was thinking about getting the 09 union force sl but I borrowed a pair from my friend and though they were noticeably lighter than the regualr forces I just couldn't adjust the sl's enough so that the toe cap would work. I think the reason for this is because on the regular union force you can adjust the toe cap in two ways:

1) You can move the toe cap by unscrewing from the plastic ratchet straps so that you can center your boot.

2) You can move the the toe strap forward or backward because where the plastic ratchet straps attach to the binding there are two slots that let you do this. (just like the 09 burton mission bindings that I had)

However, with the union force sl you only have option number one. I think this was the only reason why I couldn't adjust the SL's to my boots.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.