Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trouble with wide-board
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
whatigot989

Question Trouble with wide-board

I bought a k2 brigade wide in 2011, but just started to consistently get back to the mountain this season. I rode yesterday and was having a ton of trouble going from edge to edge. Since it was so difficult to move edge-to-edge I kept letting my board go completely flat for an extended period and catching my downhill edge and falling. It was a pretty miserable experience. To couple that problem, my bindings came lose on several occasions. Obviously, I've been off the mountain for some time but I don't think being rusty caused all these problems.

So my questions is, do you think the board could possibly be causing these problems? Do you think it is possible I can get away with a regular board at 6'2" 190lbs and size 12 boots? If not, do you think that there are any wide boards out there that are better?

Side notes:

I'm a beginner to intermediate snowboarder, in my opinion.
I typically don't hit the park at all.
I have had other boards in the past (before I grew) and I don't remember having any of these problems.

I appreciate you guys reading this and giving me any advice if you have any. I definitely have a limited knowledge when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks
whatigot989 is offline   Reply With Quote