Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

vail... help?

944 views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  cwlaxx 
G
#1 ·
In a few weeks i am going out to Vail, CO.... Just wondering what people can tell me... like a review/ tips, etc. This is a big trip for me being my closest "resorts" are roundtop, whitetail, and liberty (doubt a lot of you have even heard of those). The only boarding I have done out west was sunbowl which i was pretty young to even remember. thanks for any help!

G
#4 ·
I always recommend people to head straight out to blue sky basin first thing in the morning. I haven't experienced anything similar to shredding down china bowl and then spending the afternoon up to my hoo-ha in pow. Vail really is incredible. I could ride there everyday and never get bored. See as much of it as possible.

#6 ·
Don't go to Vail fullstop, unless it is getting some fresh powder. You'll loose your days to traversing, and egotistical twats on ski's and there park is less than average.

Go just down the road to Beaver Creek, it is a far better mountain, and the snowboarding scene is so awesome there, just local rippers everywhere.

However if you do spend your time in Vail, try and get someone to show you the East Vail chutes if you're an advanced rider with avalanche gear. The terrain and snow conditions there are second to none in the general area.

I have just got home from spending three and a half months there, so I know the place pretty well. If you need anymore help give me a yell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.