Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Board 3 Screw Set Up??
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stevetim View Post
I don't know if it's about more adjustability.

It gives you maybe the same amount of tweaking with....less holes drilled into your deck. Less holes = less weakness in the areas the holes sit. But, that's just how I interpret a reason they may have done the 3d pattern.
That would be the stupidest reason ever. I have never heard of someone anywhere saying, you know what..if only i had 1 less bolt hole my board wouldnt suck so bad.

As others said its because they can make money. 3 holes means people that dont no better, or shady salesmen make people think they need Burton bindings that come with 3 holes, and that only burton boots fit into burton bindings properly...

Next thing you know they are selling them 400 dollar Burton Goretex jackets(not to say i dont like Goretex, i own a Mtn hardware Goretex jacket) and 200 dollar pants and whala your now a gaper for the low low price of 1500 dollars.

As for conversion plates, email or phone your binding manufacturer most will send them too you free.
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote