Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 - Burton Custom or Antler ?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
SGoldwin

Default 2014 - Burton Custom or Antler ?

Funny, I couldn't decide so I waited and now my main decisions are on sale:
- Burton Antler Flying V 151,5. $300.
- Burton Custom Flying V 152. $250.

Been looking for a new All Mountain freestyle deck. Next weekend me and my friends are going to biggest nearby resort (Trysil in Norway). Usually this means plenty of groomers and hopefully a lot of off piste riding (perhaps even some fresh powder. There will be plenty of carving (since most of my buddies are skiers - but we are all looking for powder), but I like to jump from small obstacles in the terrain, butters, switch and other stuff that makes the run more fun. If we go to the park it's mainly jumps and not the biggest ones.

My stats are 5'7" and 150lbs (170 cm, 70 kg). Pretty small feet: 7.5 (US), 40 (EUR).
(This board will be a complement to my play-around-at-home-board: Burton Deja vu (a really soft and fun board). With this board and my snowboard buddies we play mostly in the park and where natural jumps appear.)

Since I am not on the heavy weight side I am bit concerned if these boards at 151-152cm are to stiff for me?

If one compares Custom and Antler:
- Which one feels softer? I have read reviews that contradicts on flex rating.
- Which one has better edge hold? On hardpack snow.
- Which one is easier to turn?

Another data is that next year me and my ski-friends are goind to Japan for 10 days of pure powder - we hope. Is the custom/antler good enought to have fun in deep powder? Which will perform best in powder - if both are set back equally.

Last edited by SGoldwin; 01-02-2014 at 07:37 AM.
SGoldwin is offline   Reply With Quote