Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Val Thorens 15-22.12.2013 anyone going?

825 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lukasls 
#1 ·
Hello.
Is anyone going at that time to VT? Any recommendations where to stay, where to ride, what are the best slopes/runs? Clubs? Spots whorth visiting?

thanks

#2 ·
I went riding there 2 years ago, around the same dates you are going now. Great mountain. It was my first time in france/italy so I can't compare it to other resorts other than the ones in lake Tahoe. There was tons of powder unless you try to get to the highest point. It's very steep and rock solid ice.

The parks are great but I had a lot of fun exploring the mountain. I was there for a week and I never did the same run twice. But I also stop and try jumps off the natural terrain a lot. I'm sure if you wanted to fly down the runs you would be able to cover a lot more than I did.

Towards the end of the day they open up a "club" on the mountain with lots of dancing/drinking/chicks on tables etc. I would get there around 5min before they closed the lifts and then ride down to the hotel when I was done. I can't remember the name of the hotel, but I think it was called the le machu picchu. I only remember because I went to the wrong building in the beginning. It's right next to a lift. I would take one step out of the building, strap my board, and ride to a lift. Everything is smaller in Europe, the beds, kitchen, bathroom. Not sure how many people you are going with but don't expect American size rooms.

I realize this isn't much help but it was 2 years ago and I barely remember what I had for breakfast today.

#3 ·
thanks Smelly, Eventually I decided to visit Soelden as there was not much snow in lower areas towards the XMas. I love your comment about everything is smaller, I visited US for more than a year and I totally agree pretty much everything is smaller more packed in Europe :) heard about the club, seen some movies on Youtube. Thanks again for your answer. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.