Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is the best type of board for me and what size should I get?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
lucasz

Default What is the best type of board for me and what size should I get?

I'm 15 years old and have 3 years of snowboarding experience. I live near Chicago and the few winters haven't had a lot of snow except for one storm which gave us 2 feet. Since we haven't gotten a lot of snow, I haven't snowboarded in 2 years. I currently have a burton dom grom 142 and medium union force bindings. Now that I'm 5'11" and a boot size 11, it's time to get a new board and bindings. I already bought a pair of salomon boots size 11. I want a fairly forgiving board that is good for a mix of everything (powder, park, etc.). What size would you guys recommend? The doctor estimates that I'll stop growing at about 6'1"-6'2" so I want a board that I wont outgrow. Also, should I get a wide board? I've been reading that wide boards are good for people who have a boot size of 11 or more. I'm trying to keep the board and bindings under $300 in total. Thanks
lucasz is offline   Reply With Quote