Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Review: Kessler The Ride 158cm
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
purekarma
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Kessler Ride

Just wanted to share my experience with my Kessler Ride. I am still pretty new to snowboarding so have no business giving nor want to try and give a full review. The only other boards I have ridden to have some sort of comparison to are Burton Custom Flying V, Lib Tech T Rice Pro, Nidecker Megalight, and Kessler Cross. The Kessler Cross is my G/F's board so it was way too short for me to be riding, and my Kessler Ride is custom made for my bio-metrics. This may be part of the reason I find it incredible to ride.

First thing I will say about this board is I have found it incredibly easy to ride. I can honestly say I have not caught an edge yet on this thing and I have been riding the crap out of it this season. This board has insane speed! Point it downhill and it just goes fast and then faster until finally I have to let off the gas out of fear of killing myself. Funny thing I find is the faster I go the more stable it feels, no chatter whatsoever, and solid as a rock. It flat bases like a dream too. I have not found it hard to turn at all like some other owners have here. Maybe because it is so in tune to my bios? I have ridden it in everything but powder this year and have to say it has been great in everything but bumps and trees. This may be due to my inexperience in riding bumps though. The edge hold on this thing is unreal, and it makes carving easy. It also has amazing pop of of rollers, and has greatly improved my ability to hit and land jumps. I ride an average of 18 to 20 runs a day when I am out on the mountain and have not been tired out by this beast. I have to say this board has brought my riding to another level this year and that is with me being cautious after a nasty season ending injury last year. I haven't even used my other board yet this year.

Was it worth the money? Hell yes, in fact I wouldn't hesitate to have another one ordered when this one is retired. I am a big believer in you get what you pay for and this board has reassured my beliefs. Is it for everyone? Probably not, and the price being in the ludicrous range without bindings will probably scare people away. With the amount of money I spend on this sport I figured what was another $2000 or so. Snowboarding is an expensive sport, but definitely the most rewarding sport I have engaged in. Poutanen being in to these types of boards you really need to find a demo day or just bite the bullet and pick one up

Last edited by purekarma; 01-02-2014 at 10:44 PM.
purekarma is offline   Reply With Quote