Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to spend a month?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
a4h Saint

Default Where to spend a month?

So, this may be entirely impossible but:

a.) Where would be the best place to "move" to for a month.

I have been trying to plan a 1-2 week trip out west, and I started thinking along exaggerated lines and now I am curious whether it would be worth it to just head out west for a month, get an apartment with a friend, and do nothing but ride.

If i were to do this, where would be the best place in the categories of riding progression, affordability, and variety. I have always rode man made icy stuff in NE TN, and this may be my only time to ever do anything like this. Time frame would be during college's christmas break, so Dec. 10ish to Jan. 15ish, and the goals are to progress in park, progress in technical riding, and just see what out west is like. I just conceived this today, and was thinking along the lines of an epic pass or a local pass to somewhere like summit county.

B.) Is this possible? Are there even apartments in resort towns? If possible is ~$1,000 - 1,500 reasonable given a pass, one months rent split two ways, and eating like a hobo?

Sorry this is so long, but I would love to know whether this is possible for me or not, and if so i would love to get the larger aspects planned now so I can start saving. If anyone has ever done anything like this, please, let me know.

Last edited by a4h Saint; 01-03-2014 at 07:23 PM.
a4h Saint is offline   Reply With Quote