Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please criticize my snowboarding technique!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Appelsien

Default Please criticize my snowboarding technique!

Hey guys

Reading some threads in this forum made me realize my snowboarding technique is probably way off...

I go snowboarding once a year and in total I went 4 weeks so far.
I've never taken classes (which I will do next month!), so some things are definitely wrong.

I made a compilation of some of last year's runs and tried assessing my own technique.

Here it is:

This is what I figured out; please correct me if I'm wrong!
I've noticed that most of the time I'm not bending through my knees properly. Sometimes I'm just leaning forward, while my back should be straight (?).

When looking at some footage I noticed I'm leaning black slightly. I'd probably be better of leaning forward a bit more.

Something weird is going on with my rotation of my lower/upper body.
I'm a regular rider and I feel like I'm always bringing my right side forward in order to face downhill with more of my chest/right arm instead of my left side (does that make sense?)

Another thing I noticed is how strangely my right knee seems to bend/rotate inwards in some situations, while my left (front) knee/leg stays straight.

Is it correct if I assume that I should be able to put two metal pins (figuratively) in my board where my feet are located and attach these to my shoulders, so they're always aligned?

I'd really appreciate all feedback!
Appelsien is offline   Reply With Quote