Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2 Board Burton Quiver Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
ghaziology

Lightbulb 2 Board Burton Quiver Advice

5,8"
176lbs
Boots: 9
Level: Strong intermediate

Hey Comrades:

What's the word? I'm looking to build a quiver of 2 burton snowboards; one for crappy/icy conditions, and one for softer powder conditions. Since I don't live near (within 3 hours) of any real mountains a lot of my riding trips are contingent on time-off, I'd like to have the piece of mind of knowing that I have the right board for the conditions.

I went through the reviews section of this forum and will do my best to demo all of the boards that I'm interested in but was also hoping to get some advice from any of you!

I currently ride a 10/11 burton custom v 154cm that I'm selling because I believe I am too heavy for it. Chatters through turns like crazy even at lower speeds.

My riding style is more geared towards free ride. I have no interest in the park and prefer either to be making big carve turns inbounds or of course, the holy grail of riding POW.

Here's what I"m looking at:

Crappy Conditions:

Custom Camber 160cm OR Process Camber 159cm or Burton Juice wagon 163cm

Soft Resort days-Powder

Family tree Landlord 159cm OR BARRACUDA 160.5cm
pros an cons from any or all of those boards would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I chose the sizes from the Burton size chart and based on my weight of 176lbs. Do they seem right-ish given my riding style?

Many Thanks!!!

G

ghaziology is offline   Reply With Quote