Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help with transition and linking turns
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
BamaBoarder86

Default Need help with transition and linking turns

Ok guys I'm a beginner at best. Live in Alabama so that's one strike against me. I usually go on a week long trip every year. I've been a handful of times and have become much better. I can ride down the mountain all day, just not like I want to. Also never had a lesson, which I probably should this year. Here's my deal:

I can ride toe side all day, I can ride heel side all day, I can start and stop either way - no problem. I can link turns but its not always good.

The problem is worse when I transition from toe back to heel. It's not everytime, but it's almost like my board will "catch" on the front lip and throw me into the snow head first. Like I said, this may only happen once a day, but it's quite uncomfortable when it does.

My suspicion number one is am I putting too much weight on my back foot?

Secondly, I have heard every technique in the world for turning. Some say use the back foot as a rudder, some say weight on the front foot and steer. Some say to lean, look the way you wanna go, etc. All I know is I dont believe I'm doing it right. So any tips would be much appreciated before I head out this year.

I board and am normal footed if that matters.
BamaBoarder86 is offline   Reply With Quote