Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Problem with Jumps
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
DrGwiz

Default Problem with Jumps

Hey everyone. I've been freeriding for the past 7 years on a snowboard and would consider myself advanced in that regard, but one thing I'm starting to get into this year is jumps which I have no experience with. I have started hitting a few jumps but have been having some issues and not sure how to really fix it or if I'm hitting it right.

I typically get enough speed then I start to crouch down as I get towards the tip of the jump. When I hit the lip of the jump, I jump straight up by extending both of my legs then bringing them up to my body to try to get a grab on the board. My issue is that when I go to land I tend to land more forward on the board, and a few times I've landed almost right on the front tip and crashed down into my shoulder (which is quite painful I might add). I keep getting a little off balance coming off the lip.

Any good tips or videos on how to do it or what I could be doing wrong? Thanks for all the help!
DrGwiz is offline   Reply With Quote