Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Abs
Thread: Abs
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Abs

Any of you guys have an ABS system or equivalent? I know I started a thread awhile back with questions regarding the system since I was interested. After a lot of research and saved cash flow I pulled the trigger on an ABS system. I plan on making more trips out west in the quest for fresh pow in years ahead. After having my first child here about 2 months ago, I figure it was time to plan accordingly and give my wife some piece of mind. I'm not sure why it wasn't something I didn't partake into sooner, but here I am. My buddy thinks I'm crazy and paranoid but I'll take safety over pride any day. I've got a planned trip out to Jackson here soon and I planned on going beyond the gate to do some side country pow. Then I heard about a snowboarder getting killed off the resort on pucker face and I think that solidified my choice quite well. I went with the ABS system because I liked the 2 bag set up. If one fails, the other bag has enough buoyancy to still keep you afloat. And it seems that most resorts with avalanche potential have an ABS dealer on site to switch a tank and charging handle considering I will mostly likely do a test discharge here at home and you can't take a charged cylinder on a flight. Have any of you discharged in an avalanche? A good spark for conversation. Experience from users would be appreciated. By experience, I mean with the system lol
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote