Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Demo'd the K2 Slayblade 2014
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
CassMT
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Default Demo'd the K2 Slayblade 2014

i've had my eye on these for 2 seasons but never had the chance to ride one til the other day...

i rode a 161 with this year's K2 somethingaruther binding...my normal ride is a K2 Titan 163 with last year's somethingsomething binding.

first impression, very light with a shorter nose than i am used to. they call it 'flat' as far as camber, with 'lifted' tip and tail. it was a full on pow day that day, shin to thigh deep everywhere and so the first thing i noticed was that stubby nose with very little upturn to it did not make such a good combo for the deep pow, at first. then it clicked. very floaty and responsive once i had a run or 2 and got used to it, if i were setting it up for myself (not some shop demo guy who could have cared less) i think i would move both feet back one hole..

when i did some groomed i was impressed, even though it was a touch shorter than i am used to i thought it carved as well or better than my Titan, but was noticeably lighter and effortless edge to edge. And, imo,the dampening was superb, i bombed some stuff as normal and it just flowed, never felt sketchy even for a second

anyway, it will be my next board, but probably when they are closeouts at the end of the season, i just can't get myself to shell out $528 for even a board with a topsheet of pure gold

3 thumbs up from CassMT
CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote