Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Evil twin, proto hd, revolver?

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  22826 
#1 ·
I hate to post this because I feel these threads are a fine a dozen. Beginner rider. Just getting comfortable with carving nicely. Always rented and want my own board that u can progress with. Riding in Ontario. 6'1" 190lbs size 12-13 boot depending on the boot.

So far my list is an evil twin, ns revolver, ns proto hdx. Salomon villain or assassin.

I just want to know if I'll have enough leverage to flex a stiffer proto hdx that it won't hinder my progression.

For bindings I think the research says Rome 390 boss or union force. Or union contact. Boots would be burton rulers or 32 lashed.

Again, hate to post this because these are out up every hour but I just had to ask.

#14 ·
I'm 185lbs and ride 156,157,158. My 157 Proto is a beast of a board and I could have bought the 155 easily. Add wide to that and that's a lot of board man. A 156 wide will feel like a 159 160 normal width. A 159 wide legacy would feel like riding a tank unless you were 220lbs. Its strong board especially it being a wide board.

#23 ·
Because it was recommended at some point in some thread somewhere. Because I don't know if all board makers have a similar flex scale that they use or if a 4 from one company is a 6 from another.

And because I was considering it based if those two reasons and was hoping somebody here could shed some light on which to proceed lookig into and which are wastes of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.