Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Genesis Alternative
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mystery2many
Veteran Member

It's not easy for me to explain but I will try.

The hologram seem to get better pop and ollies out of my Proto HD. I have guessed as to why but I'm still gathering my thoughts on it as well. lol

So...

The reflex gave better board flex and feel but I think that's what took a little pop away. Let me explain. I put the hologram on one end and the Genesis on the other and flexed both directions at the same time to compare. The genesis you could see the board flex through the bottom of the base to give it a smooth continuous bend in the board. The hologram you could see bend or flex point in the board right at the outside of the binding which I think gave the tip/tail a little more tension resulting in a little more pop.

I still get great pop out of the genesis but I just gotta load it a hair more.

My method was better in the genesis from the soft ankle strap but my pops and spins were better in the hologram. Both are amazing bindings and I will keep both. They get an even score in my book and I will be putting the holograms on my next board. But the Genesis seem like they were made for the Proto. LOL.
Mystery2many is offline   Reply With Quote