Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bob Costas = Gaper?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Default Bob Costas = Gaper?

Not sure if anyone posted this anywhere, but I just heard about this today.

Quote:
In an interview with Matt Lauer on the Today show earlier this week, veteran sportscaster and host of NBC’s Olympic coverage Bob Costas denounced slopestyle — a discipline of snowboarding added to the Olympics for 2014 — as little more than a byproduct of the MTV show Jackass. “I think the president of the IOC should be Johnny Knoxville,” Costas said, laughing. “Basically this stuff is just Jackass stuff they invented and called Olympic sports.” After prompting from Lauer, Costas added that he “mean[s] that in the kindest way possible.”

Read more at: Bob Costas Rips Olympic Snowboarding Slopestyle, Calls It ‘Jackass Stuff’ | Olympics | NESN.com
I watched a video of it, seemed like he was joking around about it, but still it would probably piss me off if I was an Olympic snowboarder. They work their asses off as hard as anyone else competing at that level. It seems to me a bit ignorant to write off Slopestyle in the way he did.
Caberfae: 3
Boyne Highlands: 2
Bittersweet: 1
Boyne Mountain: 1
Holly: 1
Nub's Nob: 1

Drinking the Kool-Aid:
2013 NS Heritage 166X
2014 Union Factory

Last edited by trapper; 01-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote