Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Yes Basic v Asym
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wombat401

Default Yes Basic v Asym

Well there is no snow in Tahoe right now but it will come. This leaves me lots of time to think about what board I want to be on when it does. I have been riding for 5 years and am comfortable with park and all mountain riding. I am 5'6" 140 lbs and ride a 147 Pickle.

I like speed, side hits woods and kickers. Rails are cool too but the Pickle is good for those. Looking for a bit more stable, faster board and have read lots of board reviews but really would like to demo before buying.

I live in South Lake and could demo the Basic but no one in the area seems to carry the Asym. Wondering how either of these boards would hold up to what I am looking for and what size to go with (150?) Also how does the Smokin Asym match up to the Yes.

Also rockin Union Atlas bindings. Could these carry over to the boards I am thinking about? Only gripe with them is I ride duck most days and the toe strap pulls my foot in...oh yeah and the stupid toe lean.
Wombat401 is offline   Reply With Quote