Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bob Costas = Gaper?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
Default Bob Costas = Gaper?

Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
Yeah true, I also think some people into more of the mainstream sports have a bias towards snowboarding because of the culture aspect of it, and that there isnt a point system to determine who wins. Stereotypes y'know

Also very true. To the naked eye (which I'm sure bob costas eye is naked) a winning run could be a run that is very fundamentally unsound, but it could look cool to them. And then a guy like Mark McMorris goes and wins it and they can't understand why, because they don't know what the judges are looking for.

Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Yea maybe, but since he is so involved with the winter Olympics, you'd think he'd be a bit more professional about it even if he hasn't seen it or understood it. Yea, he was just kidding around but again I think he does a disservice to the sport because there are, unfortunately, a lot of people who don't understand it and like and follow what Costas has to say. Linking it to the already-despised-by-certain-demographics Jackass show just re-affirms any suspicion they had about the sport already.

Exactly, it may have been more affective for Costas to say I don't understand it and explain why rather than leading to a comparison. He definitely hurt the sport a little bit. Hopefully people watch and see how awesome it is.
It comes and it goes. Get it while it Lasts.

Last edited by andrewdod; 01-09-2014 at 02:43 PM.
andrewdod is offline   Reply With Quote