Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Yes Basic v Asym
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
scotty100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat401 View Post
Well there is no snow in Tahoe right now but it will come.

I live in South Lake and could demo the Basic but no one in the area seems to carry the Asym. Wondering how either of these boards would hold up to what I am looking for and what size to go with (150?) Also how does the Smokin Asym match up to the Yes.

Also rockin Union Atlas bindings. Could these carry over to the boards I am thinking about? Only gripe with them is I ride duck most days and the toe strap pulls my foot in...oh yeah and the stupid toe lean.
I admire your optimism but I'm thinking this Winter is fast becoming a bust. Family day at Squaw yesterday...

Biggest difference between the Yes and the Smokin is the bend. Yes is Camrock, Smokin has rocker between the bindings. Smokin's asym is probably closer to Yes Asym rather than the basic. I ride Yes Greats board which is what their Asym was developed off, so not too different. Love it. Doesn't Porter's in Tahoe carry Yes boards? Also Tahoe Dave's has smokin boards to demo I believe.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote