Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

SmithOptics Model?

Tags
goggles smith
3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  augie 
#1 ·
I'm looking at the smithoptics goggles and there are so many different styles and models.. I don't know if these are just stylistic preferences, or if each type actually has its own different benefits? I mainly just freeride and jib, no powder (I'm on the east coast.). Any suggestions? Should I just get the goggles that look the best? Or does one kind have advantages over another?

#12 ·
I/O are probably overkill but you can spring for them if you want, or if you think you will change lenses enough to warrant it. They are good if you tend to fog up your goggles though. The lens color is going to be more important, make sure you get one that suits your riding conditions.

#13 ·
I went to the boarding house and one of the employees had me try on a few different pairs. He is an avid snowboarder and he recommended the Cadence model for their performance and their price. Bought them off Amazon for about $63! Not bad :) Thank you everyone for your help!!

#16 ·
It's really bad form to go and utilize a shop like that and then not purchase from them. Think about it, this is one of the reasons why small businesses are failing here. You're burning up an employees time that could be better spent helping an actual paying customer.

If you're going to go to a store and talk with employees and try stuff on, you should try and buy from them. Most of the time they will be willing to make you a deal to make the price more competitive with online stores.

#15 ·
i got the iox this season and love them. they came a flat light and sunny light lens, i paid $25 and got a clear. easy to switch them out.

i also updated my helmet to smith to get the evac 2 system which sends some air to the top of the goggles to keep em clear. new helmet is comfy and smaller and lighter then my old bolle.

big thumbs up to both.

#17 · (Edited)
I have the Prophecy and they fit my large face just fine. Field of view is not as wide as my Eg2's but still plenty wide enough. I never see the IO's on sale otherwise I'd snatch up a pair.

There are really only 2 factors, size of your face and size of your bank account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.