Should I get a 146 or a 150 nug?

• Burton Nug 146

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Burton Nug 150

Votes: 6 54.5%

Burton Nug 146 or 150

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  djmisio85 
#1 ·
I've been riding a Burton Custom 156 (2010) for about three years now. I would like to buy a Burton Nug. It would be my first v-rocker. However...

I went to a shop and the shop owner told me I would need a 150 because the 146 doesn't have that much stability (and the 146 was sold out).
However, my previous board was a 156 so with the nug raduction in mind (8-10cm) I would need the 146. I also used the Burton board finder tool and it's suggesting me a 146 based on weight and length.

Should I get the 146 or the 150?

Weight: 161 lbs (73 kg)
Length: 6'00" (183 cm)

So I'm really in doubt here. I don't want the 150 because I think it will feel like a 160 board, and the 146 isn't that stable at higher speeds. So please advice me which board to buy :unsure:

Background details: I'm 23 and I've been riding for about 10 years. I visit the indoor slope a few times a year and I go on a one week snow trip to France with friends each year. I ride all-mountain with friends and I like to have fun on the slope (buttering, flat tricks) and in the park (jibbing, jumps), which is why I think the nug is excellent.

See less See more
#2 ·
If it will be your ONLY board then I personnally would lean to the 150, however if you still have your 156 then i would get the 146.

Based on what you wrote though you want the 146.

The raduction boards dont "feel" like bigger boards, they feel small. They just ride bigger (float, effective edge)

ANyhow based on evrything you wrote I would go with the 146 and ride the custom on days when I am trying to go really fast.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, helpful advice here. I'll be keeping my Custom. And I'll probably buy the Nug 146 for the full effect.

So where do I draw the line when to use my Custom and when do I use the Nug 146? I always ride with friends, doing all kinds of things on an average day (cruising on the slopes, trying to butter, having fun, visit to the park, some powder between two pistes,...).

In the morning when I leave the appartment, I'll pick my board for the day. When it hasn't snowed in a while and it's icy terrain, I'm going to choose the custom for sure. Also when we're doing long distances on the mountain all day.
On a sunny day with good snow conditions, I'll choose the Nug. And when I'm trying to land a trick at the park.

Is that about right for picking my board for the day?

#8 ·
Thanks but I think I'll go for the 2014 version. And I'm from Europe so the shipping will be expensive...

edit: I bought the 146 today. Looks so great! I'm going to Avoriaz, France in a few weeks and then I'll get the chance to try my new board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.