Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Size 13.5 feet in 12 boot fitter thinks it can be done, what's your take?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Klang180

Default Size 13.5 feet in 12 boot fitter thinks it can be done, what's your take?

So i have been doing this whole new boot thing properly and tried on a fair few pairs. I actually bought the Ride Lasso in US13 but after wearing them for a few hours at home i felt the width was just not up to it.

I have tried Burton, Vans, Ride and 32 and that is all i can find in 13 in Whistler at the moment. I will try the rest of the places latter today perhaps but one place has given me a bit of a dilemma.

Basically i went in to the shop and was measured up. Finding i was a wide 13.5 the fitter put me into 32 TM Two size 12s with some superfeet and molding. They were pretty much as tight as can be without my toes curling up but they were just too tight for comfort.

My question is though, this shop has a boot fit guarantee that says that if i don;t like them even after riding them they will do all they can to get them to fit, even ordering another size. The boot fitter assures me that not only do 32s get a size bigger but that all boots can be stretched but can never be shrunk.

My question is, should i just walk away and accept i will never get into boots 1.5 sizes too small or should i believe this guy who is so confident he can get them to fit? Is it dangerous to have boots that are too tight not just for the feet but ankles too?

Anyone know or have a similar experience i really don't know what to do.

At the moment the best bet are some very tight but prone to stretch Vans Auras but i have them in 14 (thought i was that size and bought them online - mistake) and i am not overly impressed.

So long story short can i trust this boot fitter or is he spinning me a line?
Klang180 is offline   Reply With Quote