Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please help guys i am trying to get this used Wide board have few questions!!!!PLZZ
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Weezy32

Default Please help guys i am trying to get this used Wide board have few questions!!!!PLZZ

Hi guys,

Need some input please. I got into snowboarding last season and LOVE it. Been on there the mountain 4 times with rental equipment and i am hooked.

Anyway i been trying to pick up a snowboard for this season so i can use consistent snowboard that is for my height. Everytime i rent they give me board that is up to my neck and i heard its suppose to be up to your chin.

I came across this post which matches my price perfectly fine. Keep in mind i am college student so i cant afford brand new board/equipment.

Snowboard and Snowsuit

The board is Nitro 163 Wide.

I am 6'3 , 205 pounds and wear size 11 shoes. The board he is selling is a WIde and comes with size 13 boots.

I am not really worried about the boots because i would have no problem just getting size 11 boots seperately but i am worried that the board might be wide and might hinder the turns i make.

I am already struggling to link turns... my heelside sucks and i feel like a wide board might make this even more difficult.

What do you guys suggest i do?

Thanks so much for the advice!!

EDIT:

This is another option

This one doesnt come with clothes and goggles though and boots are looking kinda crapy but it is a size 11.

Is this board better?

K2 Snowboard, Burton Mission Binding & Boots & North Face backpack

Last edited by Weezy32; 01-12-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Weezy32 is offline   Reply With Quote