Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best Binding Company
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuCoSlayer

Default Best Binding Company

I used to be in the know about this during the 2000's when I lived in CO and rode about 40 days a season. I have since moved to Bama for work, picked up wakeboarding, and am a little behind on the snowboard scene. I used to swear by Technine bindings. And a bunch of my buddies wore Ride bindings. It seems T9 haven't been doing it as well as they used to, but Ride still seems to be good. I've got a pair of Ride Revolts and I like them, but they aren't quite as responsive as my old T9 Destroyers, although they are MUCH lighter (those T9s had metal heelcups). What are some good brands these days? I like slightly stiff flex and I loved the Baltimore toe strap from T9 that Ride has done ok with and some other companies have copied, too. I've heard good things about Union. Don't even mention Burton. I just don't care for them. Their stuff was never bad, but always seemed way overpriced compared to other companies.

My setup: Never Summer SL 164, Ride Revolts, and Vans Wiig boots. I love the boots. The bindings feel slightly soft for me. The board also has a bit more flex than I'd like. But I found a previous season's model at a huge discount and couldn't pass it up. I'd like to switch bindings and see how that feels before I go for a different deck.
SuCoSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote