Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: Vail Pass 3-8-2009
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

The dogs do great! Depending on the terrain you will put some (sometimes lots) of distance between them. I'll pull up from time to time to let them catch up and get a breather. The steeper it is, the easier time they have keeping up. Cody is very experienced and has the stamina that he is rarely far behind anyway. Pete's dog Bella is a little older and fairly new to the games. She's still figuring it out, which has made for some interesting challenges the last couple of outings. She got spooked on a steep ridge this last outing, turned around, and then get herself stuck good in a tree well. Poor girl. Forrest was able to dig her out and it was all good. Bella is a Husky and Cody is a pure bred mutt. Chow/Shepard mix or something along those lines.

I got a few more pics today from riding on the pass. They were all taken by Forrest Thorniley. He has a pretty bad ass DSLR and takes some great photos. You can check out his site here.

So here are a few more photos of Cody and myself slutting it up.

Lining up a triple mushroom...

For which I didn't realize the ridge was that steep. You can't see the two mushrooms below the top one and I totally overshot them anyway. Talk about leaving a bomb hole.

This picture of Cody cracks me up. You can't say he doesn't give it his all.

Coming off another pillow.

and photo slutting it up.

That was fun...

Last edited by killclimbz; 03-11-2009 at 09:08 AM.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote