Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My 9 year old is starting to ride switch!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mrs.Queez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Yes learning switch when you are young is a good thing. My daughter at age seven, we thought was regular and rode that way for the first 2 years (a fortunate mistake)...then she figured out she was really goofy...last year at age 13 could blow pass my ass either way down groomers, double blacks and has no problem spinning or landing either way.
That's Suhweet!! I can't wait 'til my daughter can blow pass my ass down the mountain!! She'll be 2 in May, and so far I've gotten her to say, "SNOWBOARDING YEEAAAH!!!" "YEAAH DAWG!!" and "WOOOO Snowboarding!!! Maybe next year we'll get her a little board of her own.

Any thoughts on how young is TOO young to get started? I've seen a little little one, younger than mine is now, up there on mini-skis, being towed by a parent. But the poor thing was screaming her head off the whole way down the bunny hill! I was soooo thankful I wasn't 'That' mom.