Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "Experienced" but have some questions.
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
pilotib

Default "Experienced" but have some questions.

I have been riding since '97 and am actually quite good. I spent a number of years as an instructor but work and life have gotten in the way. I have been happy with the '98 Burton Floater 158 that I got back then, but feel that it is past time for an upgrade. A few years back I upgraded bindings to Ride Preston EX, and boots to Burton Hails. As I mostly ride in the icy Midwest but occasionally get out west, I want an all-mountain board of some kind.

I found a deal on a GNU Carbon Credit BTX 165W, so I snagged it up. When I got home though, I was shocked to find that the darn thing is barely any longer than my Floater and actually narrower where the bindings sit! I realize the running length has to be, but it just looks strange. I have always had trouble with heel and toe drag already and I don't want to be going backwards. As I am now in my mid-30's, the park riding is gone from me and I love raw, dirty speed and carving the crap out of the icy s*^%hole that is Alpine Valley. I will occasionally hit a jump or rail, but my job requires I stay in one piece and the mortgage comes no matter what.

I want to take this thing out and try the new tech, but if it is not going to be any better or possibly worse for me, I want to take it back while I still can. Any help would be appreciated!

Ryan
6'2"
size 12
pilotib is offline   Reply With Quote