Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stem cells: Institutionalized idiocy lifted by Obama
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Flick Montana
Veteran Member

So where do we draw the line? Is it just fertilized cells that are considered people? I've heard people are against jerking off because you kill sperm which are POTENTIALLY people. I just don't get it. There are plenty of people on the planet already. I think we need to consider quality of life over quantity. People out there who are paralyzed could potentially walk again. People with crippling disorders could live a decent life. I seriously do not understand people who oppose stem cell research.

I saw an anti stem cell campaign where some people brought these little kids who were supposed to be used for stem cell research when they were embryos, but they were "spared" and someone gave birth to them instead. That seems a little bit exaggerated to me. Embryos are not conscious beings. They have no brain or higher function of any kind.

Anyways, I'm all for stem cell research. The only thing I oppose is the use of tax dollars to create embryos specifically for research. I think there are plenty available that we don't need to drain tax payers even more. The government needs to swing a little bit of the cost. Maybe we could save a few bucks by not blowing up Iraqis for a day or two.
Rome Anthem 158